Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nixon Library

Thus far, I've visited 3 sites in person, and looked at dozens on the interwebs (which is a series of tubes). Today, I visit the Muckenthaler Mansion. Let us hope the grounds are more charming than the name.

As of now, I am in love with the Nixon Library and Gardens. I have a soft hold on August 1st for a Sunday wedding. Either then or wait until January. If the Muckity-muck mansion does't impress as much as Nixon in either grounds or pricing. I just might go full steam ahead and book it for August.

The place is stunning in a very manicured sense. The reception room is like something out of
Pemberly with an American flair: High ceilings, fabulous moulding, massive chandeliers. And the gardens are pretty but more manicured than I had hoped they would be. However, they are still beautiful and have the requisite rose garden and shade giving trees.

Pictures don't really give the full effect, but that's a good thing. I wouldn't want to entirely ruin the surprise for my guests.

So what do you all think?

3 comments:

  1. I can totally see you at the Nixon Library! And I vote for shorter engagements (speaking from a 5 1/2 month one). Why wait any longer?

    Like Harry said in Harry met Sally, "when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got engaged and married in three months. And still married 31 years later, I was only 13 when we married, but it was legal in Kentucky, or was it Arkansas, the hills and double wides can canfuse a girl.

    ReplyDelete