Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Location, Location. Location

While I always had a vague idea of getting married, I was never really one of those girls who planned it to a "t" or collected bridal magazines. Now that I am looking for a location I'm realizing:

A. This stuff's expensive

B. Bridal websites are super commercial

C. Cutting a cake costs money?!?

Reversing the Supreme Court's definition for obscenity, what I want is easy to define, hard to spot. I know that I want to have the ceremony outside, in a garden like setting, or in a green place with trees. As for the reception, it's got to fit around 150 people. I'm going for a sort of English countryside vibe.

So the challenge is getting the above requirements without having to forfeit my firstborn child to pay for it. I'm going to the Nixon Library and Gardens this Friday to have a look and am also considering vineyards in Temecula, UCI's University Club, and Strawberry Farms.

Any suggestion for So Cal locations?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heatherly,

    You should check out the Pala Mesa Resort. It's near Fallbrook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie got married at Rancho Las Lomas and it was indeed gorgeous, though by the end of the night everyone was hobbling because of the cobblestones. It has more of a Spanish feel, as does Rancho Capistrano where Chad Spangrud got married. Both were really beautiful outdoor settings, but definitely more hacienda feel than English garden :-) Might be worth looking at, though. When's the big day?

    ReplyDelete