Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Rehearsal and Bachelorette


Ah, dear blog, it has been far too long.

For a quick recap, I had the rehearsal last Sunday. We were on location and then went to El Torito Grill for the dinner. Taco bar was great, as was the flan. I was stoked. It might have been even better if I wasn't suffering from the gnarliest stomach-ache ever. At occasions like these, 'tis best to suffer in silence.
It was nice to see my location again and be reminded of how lovely it is. I did notice however I am being married rather close to Nixon's grave. I missed the memo he is buried there. How many people do you know that had a president attend their wedding? Add 1 to that list.
Be prepared for a little grass and slightly uneven terrain, dear guest. It won't last for long. After that, it is air condition, stone and wood.

I brought schedules to the rehearsal for everyone, giving a breakdown of what to bring and who has to be where and when. I even made a last minute diagram of where everyone stands on the day of.

I am a bit proud of myself for being organized. I doubt everyone will hold onto their schedule, so I'll email blast it again.

The day before the rehearsal dinner was my bachelorette party. I didn't know what to expect. I'm a rather tame girl and didn't think the standard going out and getting sloshed would work. My sister managed a very nice party! We had the obligatory party crowns, "Girl's Night Out" banner, and my "Bride-to-Be" rhinestone shirt. I was ready for a shindig.

Rebel arranged for us to get a 21-footer (maybe bigger) Duffy boat that we could cruise around Balboa bay. They just give you the keys and a deadline to return the boat. It's great, but only concern to get the host's ID and credit card back keep you tethered to the area. We could have been free women, or a much prettier Gilligan's Island.
We sat on the boat and gnoshed on all the delicious snacks Rebs provided (strawberries, hummus, pita chips, veggies, fancy cheeses, Pirate Booty, etc) and imbibed girly drinks. Cassandra brought homemade guacamole and salsa, most impressive. I also opened my gifts on the boat which ranged from the lacy to the illicit and handed out what Bridesmaid's gifts Macy's managed to ship me:

For the Ladies to wear the day of, and well the ring, just because
it screamed Rebs to me. For the first time in my life, I couldn't get a picture of something off the internet. So the ring shown isn't exactly hers, but pretty close. (I like hers better).

After the little boat outing, with Jessica Sisco at the helm, we drove to one of my favorites: Muldoons. Where I feasted on soda bread and Gaelic chicken, and the other had foofy martinis or beer with their meals. I took it as a good omen that the table had orange colored roses in little vases on it. (Thus combining my wedding themes.) The band even gave me a shout out. All in all a pretty good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment